Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spring is here!

It seemed to take a bit longer this year but Spring has arrived.
 The trees in our backyard have all of their leaves, completely hiding the ridge of homes behind us and it seems that 
the grass needs to be mowed twice a week.

I am so excited about our container garden on our deck.  Hubbie, Richard, read about these Smart Pots and after watching some youtube videos we decided to give them a try.  You can go to their website Smart Pots to learn more.
 They can be hard to find so use the locator on the site.  
We bought ours when we were in 
Texas meeting our new grandson. I should have bought a few more and will check out our area to get them.

We planted tomatoes, peppers, green beans and a raspberry shortcake.
Our deck is a southern exposure so there's lots of sun.



Speaking of our new grandson in Texas, 
Cody Spencer Hair
was born on January 17th.
He weighed 10 lbs and was 22 in.



I don't think he will have any problem keeping up with 
his two older brothers, Blake and Austin.



They love Cody!
 Here's these cuties with their mom, Rachel.
She is one of our three awesome daughters-in-law.

 
The blue bonnets were in full bloom when we were in Texas for Easter.

I have to share at least one quilt that I quilted recently.
I have posted some of Susan's quilts before.  She does lots of shop samples for one of our local quilt shops, Jackman's, who are featured in the newest shop hop edition of Quilt Sampler.



Susan was asked to make this quilt for a shop sample.  The pattern showed it framed so she decided to do the same.  I have always wanted to frame a quilt and after seeing how this turned out I am definitely going to give it a try.


I really quilted this.  The background is solid quilting.  Even with the Please do not touch sign people just want to touch it.  



I can't wait to make something like this for our home.  It really was fun to do.

I have lots more quilts to share but will save them for another day. 
I have flowers to plant and quilting to do.
Happy Spring!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment